In the evening, I went with a couple of people, for a walk to the Lake. I hadn't really been out of the hotel since my arrival here and thought I ought to do a little exploring around this beautiful city. Although the hotel has stunning views from every window, I wanted to get out and see some of the scenery "live."
We walked along the lake front and it was so nice to walk along their lakewalk and see the majestic peaks tower over the lake and the city. We could also see the "ledge" that sticks out at the top of the mountain far above the city, where I'm supposed to be bungy jumping tomorrow.
We went for the conference reception where, again, Sheila was the life of the party, comfortably and confidently conversing with the conference delegates and overall being the star of the evening. Jay hung around politely and engaged the young children of one of the other conference delegates in a conversation about Lego Ninjas.
After the reception, we walked into town and had dinner at the famous "Fergburger" restaurant. The burgers were huge and very tasty. We had a Fergburger with Swiss, a Bombay Chicken, and some fries with a wasabi mayonnaise. Yummy.
Oh, and by the way, I added a video of the kids snow tubing in Tekapo Springs (see a previous blog post) here.
2 comments:
Hey, not able to view either of your snowboarding videos, not sure why. :(
Anyway, have fun. Yes, your kids are pretty amazing!
Hmm. Seems to work for me. Try it again and see if it works now.
Post a Comment