Saturday, June 30, 2012

On the Way

This is an update from Los Angeles airport. We left Duluth on schedule and made it to Minneapolis incident free. After "lounging" in the Delta SkyClub for a bit, we boarded the flight to Los Angeles. Luckily I was upgraded to first class while the kids were in the back. I ate the dinner of some mushroom and cheese stuffed gnocchi, salad, and cheesecake and then went to sleep. I must have slept most of the flight as the thing I remember is waking up in time for the landing in LAX.

We got to LAX at about 7:30 PM local time and settled ourselves in the SkyClub for our three-hour wait. Only left to get some dinner at the McDonalds next to the Club. I spent a great deal of time trying to fix Jay's B&N Nook, which is dead (this thing has given problems from the start), but to no avail. The kids stayed up during the flight watching the movie and so are already starting to fade. I told them to sleep during the flight and stay awake as much as possible on the next flight, but they didn't listen. Should be an interesting first day in Sydney!

No comments: