Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pre-Trip Australia Leg 1 (Day 2 in California)

Pretty slow and lazy day today. Amma had to go volunteer at a senior center in the morning (apparently she is the youngest of the group and they needed her "brawn" to set up the place) and so I stayed at home and worked. Mostly I responded to email, worked on the presentation I have to give at the conference (I still don't really have a good idea of what I'm going to say, but at least I spent some time today thinking about it), and called the airline to see if I could get any upgrades with miles (no luck!)

After amma returned, we visited a close family friend, Raghu Ram, who works at Apple Computer. Very nice campus. We had lunch at their specatcular cafe (no Steve Jobs sightings despite the fact that he apparently eats there frequently). Then, we met some other friends/relatives and eventually landed up at Gilly' place. He is off with Kyle at a baseball game and we'll make evening plans when he returns. I'll post more tonight. Obviously no pictures yet.

Had a couple of glasses of good wine before heading back to Sunnyvale for the night. Stopped at Rajjot for dinner of phulkas with aloo-baingan and palak-paneer. Amma is making me some mango lassi, but I am too stuffed to drink it right now. Maybe in a little while before I go to bed. It is already past 10 PM (Pacific), so hopefully I'll feel able to drink it within the next few minutes.

No comments: